64 bit JAWS

  • From: "Gene" <gwilson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 23:58:03 -0800

  _____

From: Gene [mailto:gwilson@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 6:49 PM
To: 'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: 64 bit JAWS

Has anyone had the opportunity to use the 64-bit public beta of JAWS?  I
tried to download the MP3 file of the Pod cast, but, for some unknown
reason, couldn't get the job done.  I understand its for the 64-bit version
of VISTA, but, I am wondering if it is being prepared for the WINDOWS7
operating system that Microsoft is supposedly releasing soon.  Of course,
that latter is rather rhetorical.  Who really knows?

My reasoning behind all of this is that I suspect XP will probably soon
suffer the same slow and agonizing death of Windows98 SE and VISTA's demise
may be as quick as that of WindowsME.

Take care,