Re: 2 sound cards

  • From: "Don Moore" <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:43:12 -0300

MessageHi Mark,

    You must edit the jfw.ini file to tell JAWS to use the different sound
card. For example, I use my SoundBlaster Odigy sound card for most sounds on my
computer, but I tell JAWS to use the onboard sound card, which is a RealTech
card, by inserting the following line into the jfw.ini file of the JAWS version
I am using:

Synth1Port=Realtek HD Audio rear output

This line must be inserted in the new jfw.ini file each time I upgrade to a new
version of JAWS; otherwise, JAWS will run off the SoundBlaster card just like
everything else on my PC. The line must be inserted just above the first line
that starts with Synth2. The path for the jfw.ini file for JAWS 9.0 is:

C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Jaws\9.0\jfw.ini

    Hope this helps,

    Don