[jawsscripts] Re: suggestion for skype scripts

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 22:28:56 -0500

The more appropriate list for this message, and admittedly for my
reply as well, is the SkypeEnglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx list. :)

Quick answers though:

Items 1 and 2 are better handled by Clisk
(http://www.dlee.org/skype/clisk/) if you don't mind typing commands.
Clisk does all sorts of autoActions, including priority and normal
autoAnswers and even automatic conferencing.

Item 3, mute/unmute, is already handled by Skype itself, on the Options/Hotkeys
page.

Item 4 is mostly if not completely handled by current scripts for
Skype 5.x:  Find the file transfer entry in the message list of the
appropriate conversation, and JAWS will announce much of this.  As for
notification of transfer completion, Skype itself makes a sound for
that.

Item 5, status change, is not so hard in Skype itself.  There are
several ways to do it:  The first is through the Skype menu's Status
submenu.  You could also do it with a button on the main Skype screen,
as pressing the button brings up a Context menu of available statuses
you can use.

Item 6, notification of friends' mood text changes, can be handled in
Clisk with the "w" flag, though I don't remember if I've publicized
that one yet.  Skypetalking may also handle that one.

And item 7, quick check of call status, is handled by the JAWSKey+T
"SayWindowTitle" command:  Go to your live call's conversation window
and type JAWSKey+T.  The scripts will tell you if the call is held,
muted, or includes video.

A final remark:  I do not plan to implement autoActions or
status/profile/mood changes in contacts because that requires the
Skype API, the use of which directly from a JAWS script has
historically caused problems and requires JAWS 7.1 or newer even
though I still support JAWS versions going back as far as 6.0 as best
I can.

Please direct any further discussion to the aforementioned SkypeEnglish
list.

Thanks much for the input.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:24:55AM +0800, kaveinthran wrote:
Hi sir,

these are some of my suggestion for future skype scripts. I hope this
suggestion will be studied carefully.

1. A key stroke must be implement to read our mood text and, if press
twice we can set our mood text
2. A feature must be invented that we can type a users skype name on to
edit box, and when the user call us, the script will automatically
answers the call. We can call this feature as (auto Action)
3. A key stroke must be created to mute and unmute microphone.
4. A keystroke must be commanded to read the file transfer status including
a. full size of the file
b transfer rate
c. size elaps and so on
d. notification when file sent had finish

5. A feature must be implement that can enable the user to change status
on the fly
6. Notification when our friends had changed their mood text
7. A key stroke to no our last or current call status

That's all for now. I hope this script will be more and more powerful in
future releases!

thanks to doug lee

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller