[jawsscripts] Re: script to block text

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:25:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Joe, Rick, and others,
I appreciate your interest in aspects of HomerKit and wish it all worked
well for you.  Unfortunatly, I am unable to provide much support for this
project at present.  I developed the scripts for compatability with JAWS 6
through 8.  I still regularly use them with JAWS 9 and 10 and am aware of
others who do.  We do not use all features I had developed, so there are
undoubtedly bugs that either were always there but not found before, or
which arose due to changes in JAWS versions after 8.0.   I intentionally
distribute HomerKit as both an executable installer and zip archive in
order to allow people to pick and choose components as they see fit.

As you probably know, script sets distributed by FS are put in an All
Users folder, and other scripts are put in a different folder.  That means
you can restore FS functionality by deleting files in the user script
folder.  Simply navigate there via the "Explore My Settings" option of the
JAWS program group within the Windows Start Menu.

In general, I have tried to avoid key conflicts in the application script
sets, (besides MS Word) and to mention conflicts that do exist within the
HomerKit documentation.  It includes hotkey summaries.  I think pressing
Insert+H twice quickly in any supported application also brings up a hot
key summary.  Finally, the associated .jkm file can be examined for hotkey
assignments, and individual ones can be disabled by prefixing the line
with a semicolon (;) character (which turns a line  into a comment).

I welcome help debugging problems found in the scripts and will include
code fixes that folks contribute within the main distribution
(developers are also welcome to fork the distribution if that approach
is not satisfactory).

Thanks for your understanding!

Jamal