[jawsscripts] Re: script help

  • From: "The dark Count" <darkcount1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:37:29 -0700

you know for this one may I point to the skim reading tool.
That one will bring up the string you want in a nice little list with links.

D C

Your unadulterated message follows:
 Subject: [jawsscripts] script help
 Date: 2 Jun 2009

Hi list. Sorry for the unhelpful subject line but I couldn't think of a good
subject line. Anyway, I
am having some trouble with a script. The script is below and my problems
follows.
Script NumberOfStringOccurances ()
; calculates the number of occurances for the given string

var

String SOccuranceString,

Int INumber

let INumber = 0

InputBox ("Find number of occurances of what:", "String Occurance",
SOccuranceString)

If (StringContains (SOccuranceString )) then

let INumber = INumber+1

EndIf

EndScript

Now, as you know string contains requires 2 parameters. The first is the one I
don't know
about. How can I make it search the entire file. Is there another function I
should use instead.
This script, as you probably figured out from the comment and the title of the
script, displays
the number of occurances of a string in a file. Thanks for any help.

Haden Pike
Email: haden.pike@xxxxxxxxx