[jawsscripts] Re: need information regarding keystrokes or jaws script

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 01:52:38 -0500

I just move up or down and then left/right once, to cause
single-character announcement. This works in documents but not on web
pages because of the way the JAWS virtual view is coded I think.

On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 12:08:07PM +0530, raaju wrote:
respected list, first of all i feel extremely sorry for questioning the
unknowing and mad message which i'm going to write below. sorry for my poor
english.  thanks for every company who develop the screen reader for us!

my question is, every body is aware the basic key strokes for popular screen
reader which is jaws. we use alt+up/down  arrow to read sentence, up/down
arrow to read the line, directional arrow key to read the character,
ctrl+up/down arrow for reading paragraph, etc.

my scarcity to learn is that what if we suppose want to read the below or
above character? for example, suppose i write "raaju" in first line, and
"singh" in second line. yes, we could use up/down arrow to read raaju and
then singh. but suppose my cursor is on "j" of raaju. and i just want to
hear "g" for singh. by if we do the same thing in braille, we could easily
move our hand just below the vertical position to achieve the things. so if
computer or jaws also allow to do the same things, kindly provide me the
necessary information. i need this for my mathematics purpose.

awating your positive response!

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller