[jawsscripts] Re: jawsscripts Digest V6 #154

  • From: Paul Bonarrigo <pjbonarrigo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:01:02 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding FindGraphic.
If you did a findgraphic and it returned TRUE, then you found it.
If you are currently in PC cursor mode, route Jaws to PC and call the script
that presses the left mouse button.
I usually preset Jaws cursor or Invisisble cursor. It's worth understanding
invisible cursor and RouteXToInvisible where X could be PC or Jaws
Become familiar with the FSDN layout so you'll know what functions are
available and what they do.  FSDN is available on Freedom site.
FindGraphic is in the Graphics section.
MouseRight and LeftMouseButton are in the Mouse section.
Cursor stuff is in the cursor section.
Open FSDN, under Scripting expand Reference Guide, under Reference Guide expand
Jaws, then you'll see the sections containing Scripts and Function declarations.
I didn't compile this script so please excuse and correct any typos.  Good luck.

; Set the jaws cursor for subsequent mouse action, find a graphic
var string sGraphicToFind
SaveCursor()    ; save cursor state, restore automatically on exit
JawsCursor()    ; use mouse cursor
LET sGraphicToFind = "Next_Record"
IF(FindGraphic(GetCurrentWindow, sGraphicToFind, S_TOP,  S_UNRESTRICTED)) THEN
    SayString("Clicking on "+sGraphicToFind+". ")
    MouseRight(5) ; This helps sometimes if the cursor is on the edge of the
graphic
    LeftMouseButton()
ELSE
    SayString(sGraphicToFind + " graphic not found. Sorry.")
ENDIF
PCCursor()        ; default to PC cursor for later stuff
; etc

jawsscripts Digest    Tue, 17 Jul 2012    Volume: 06  Issue: 154

In This Issue:
        [jawsscripts] how to get the correct result when asking for
        [jawsscripts] Re: how to get the correct result when asking
        [jawsscripts] Re: how to get the correct result when asking
        [jawsscripts] Re: how to get the correct result when asking
        [jawsscripts] Help unsubscribing [was "Re: Re: how to get th
        [jawsscripts] Periods in the jkm files
        [jawsscripts] Finding A Graphic Script
        [jawsscripts] Re: how to get the correct result when
        [jawsscripts] Re: how to get the correct result when  asking
        [jawsscripts] Re: how to get the correct result when  asking
        [jawsscripts] Re: Finding A Graphic Script

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:50:47 +0530
From: Jitendra <Jitendrakumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] how to get the correct result when asking for percentage

hello friends, what function or code I should use to get the correct
result from the following:
180/256*100.
the result should be 70, and it is comming as 0.
Thank you.

------------------------------

From: "Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: how to get the correct result when asking for percen
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 06:57:24 -0500

JAWS only supports integer math, not floating point as the calculation
requires.

Possibly if you do it in reverse order you can get the whole number answer
from JAWS but I am not certain:
180*100/256

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:58:53 +0100
From: David Newman <djn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

It's doing integer arithmetic, and, without brackets, in any suitable order.

With brackets (180/256) * 100 will still be zero because 180/256 is 0
and a bit left over.

You need to multiply first...

(180 * 100 ) / 256 works

------------------------------

From: "Raymond Lombardi" <ray214@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:31:52 -0400

I can't get myself unsubscribed.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:07:30 -0500
From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>

What have you tried so far? Have you used the link at the bottom of each
email message:

I also changed the subject line, so maybe that'll help get other answers
as well.

--

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail

------------------------------

From: "Nadon, Luc" <Luc.Nadon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Periods in the jkm files
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:05:18 +0000

New to the JAWS world, so please forgive if I use the wrong terminology.
Has anybody else heard or experienced problems creating scripts with jkm files
that contain periods or with more than 2 periods in the name? Such as using an
application named "J13.0.852.400-enu.exe".

Win 7 & JAWS 12

Sincerely,
Luc Nadon
How many programers dose it take to change a light bulb?
None - It's a hardware problem

------------------------------

From: Steven Hicks <Steven.HicksSM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Finding A Graphic Script
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:51:24 +0100

Hi friends,

I have an application which has a line of four buttons which don't appear to
be standard graphical buttons, they are graphics which I have to manually
label.

I have written a script using the FindGraphic(0,"Next in
list",S_Top,S_Restricted). key word and it seems to work and find  the
graphic fine.

I would like to expand this script so that I can confirm that I am on the
graphic and if so, I would then like to perform a left mouse botton to click
it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may do this please?

My script looks like the following at the moment:

Script(NextRecord)

                FindGraphic(0,"Next record",S_Top,S_Restricted)

EndScript()

Any help would be much appreciated,

Steve.

P.s.  I could even consider using the IfSameKey I think it is so that I
press the assigned shortcut key twice to execute the left mouse button.

Take care all.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:47:12 -0400
From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: how to get the correct result when

If you did what is needed to un subscribe. Then
give the server time to work. Sometimes depending
on the list servers it can take a few days.

------------------------------

From: "Raymond Lombardi" <ray214@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: how to get the correct result when  asking for perce
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:46:55 -0400

I would reply and it would say command not found when it says leave
everything in tact.

------------------------------

From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:57:45 -0400

I'll unsubscribe you momentarily.

Sorry for the trouble.

Website: www.SinaBahram.com
Twitter: @SinaBahram

Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:10:42 -0700
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Finding A Graphic Script
From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>

Steven, remember that FindGraphic returns an integer. So:
if (                FindGraphic(0,"Next record",S_Top,S_Restricted)) then
  LeftMouseButton()
endif

On 7/17/12, Steven Hicks <Steven.HicksSM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi friends,
>

> I have an application which has a line of four buttons which don't appear
> be standard graphical buttons, they are graphics which I have to manually
> label.
>
> I have written a script using the FindGraphic(0,"Next in
> list",S_Top,S_Restricted). key word and it seems to work and find  the
> graphic fine.
>
> I would like to expand this script so that I can confirm that I am on the
> graphic and if so, I would then like to perform a left mouse botton to
> click
> it.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may do this please?
>
> My script looks like the following at the moment:
>

> Script(NextRecord)
>
>                FindGraphic(0,"Next record",S_Top,S_Restricted)
>
> EndScript()
>

> Any help would be much appreciated,
>

> Steve.
>

> P.s.  I could even consider using the IfSameKey I think it is so that I
> press the assigned shortcut key twice to execute the left mouse button.
>

> Take care all.

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com
homePage: www.abletec.serverheaven.net

------------------------------

From: "Jim Snowbarger" <Snowman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:08:07 -0500

Parentheses are everything.
(180*100)/256

Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:26:54 +0530
From: Jitendra <Jitendrakumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

thank you everyone, it did what I wanted, thank you all once again.
Jitendra.
Jim Snowbarger wrote:
> Parentheses are everything.
> (180*100)/256