[jawsscripts] Re: jawsscripts Digest V2 #245

  • From: Ted Drake <7mary4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 13:15:20 -0800

Hi Andy
I'm sorry about your confusion with the Quicken script updates with JAWS.

Intuit’s Quicken team has been working to increase the accessibility of
Quicken 15 for Windows. You’ll find many improvements in keyboard
functionality and object identification in the latest version of Quicken.
During this process, we realized the existing JAWS scripts could be updated
to further increase functionality. Please note, this was developed for
Quicken 15, but should work with prior versions.   We are working with a
group of screen reader users to prioritize and solve existing accessibility
issues. I will contact you off-list for more information.

The following improvements were made via the updated JAWS script

 a. Ability to read the list row data along with headers - On "Account
list", "Bills and Income reminders" and "Account register" screens (Ctrl +
1)
b. Ability to read field header and cell value on moving from one field to
other - On Account register screen
c. Removed the double reading of cell value in account register screen.

Limitations or Known issues with Quicken JAWS scripting

 a. It can read only whatever is visible on the screen
 b. Sometimes, it does read the next column value for current cell if
current cell doesn't have enough width (this is a limitation - due to small
column widths)
c. This script does not work if column header values are spanned across
rows (This is a limitation again as we write scripts based on co-ordinates)
 d. It is not reading the balance column value on account register screen

 Intuit thanks Deque’s Sujasree Kurapati for her work on these scripts.