[jawsscripts] Re: Windows Style Bits Was RE: Re: Opinion post: Time to change where new scripters begin

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:03:22 -0900

I would suggest MSDN:

The class style bits (applicable to every window of a given class) are
described at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff729176%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

The common window style bits are described at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms632600%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

And extended window style bits at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff700543%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

The window and extended style values apply only to a given instance of
a window class.  Note also that half of the window style value is
reserved for definition by the particular window type (button, combo,
a custom window etc).

Descriptions of the style bits for standard windows controls can be
found under: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb773169%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

On 2/27/14, Homme, James <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> HI, I'm picking a chunk out of this conversation. I never understood Windows
> Style Bits, other than that they exist. Where is a good place to read about
> how this works?
> Thanks.
>
> Jim

> solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
> you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
> and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
> keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's
> prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not
> necessarily represent the views of Highmark, its diversified business, or
> affiliates.

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx