[jawsscripts] Re: Why alt+delete report Virtual pc Cursor active in WordPad, Class RICHEDIT50W

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:47:22 -0700

I think, Geoff, if you'll look in the advanced configuration
options--sorry, don't know what that would be in v 12--you'll find
that virtual cursor is on by default. I think it might be used in
"enhanced edit support", which I've personally never found of value.

On 3/10/11, Geoff Chapman <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Scripters, can anyone tell me why alt+delete, reports that Virtual PC Cursor
> is active, and gives thus meaningless coordinates for position of actual
> onscreen text, in WordPad? whose main edit window is reportedly a class of
> richEdit50W? Yet when one presses NumPad Plus, it correctly says,
> "pcCursor," not, "Virtual pc Cursor?"
> Which as you know it normally says, in apps where virtual pc Cursor is
> really active/necessary?
> Thanks for any tips. I haven't yet researched at which version this
> behaviour started to occur, but I will of course.

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
Scripting Classes: http://jawsscripting.lonsdalemedia.org
homePage: www.abletec.serverheaven.net