[jawsscripts] Using PassKeyThrough in scripts not seeming to work, although it does when used manually?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 10:36:19 +1100

Hi Scripters.

Is there some tricky deal one has to know, about utilizing the
PassKeyThrough function in a script?
I'm trying to put a string of keyPresses in a script to automate the user
getting to a certain point on his webPage, and it involves at one point, a
jaws+TopRow3 passThrough, before hitting rightArrow whilst still in virtual
land, to enable it to function to open a dropDown type menu of other
options, which then appears below.

When I do it manually, it works just fine, but in my Script, simply using:
PassKeyThrough ()
{RightArrow}
PassKeyThrough ()
{DownArrow}

etc, doesn't appear to reproduce the results/keystrokes I'm wanting?

Any thoughts?

ought I to try and use
TypeKey instead?

Only thing is, when I try and use that, and I use:
TypeKey (Key_RightArrow)
and
TypeKey (Key_DownArrow)
Which I found in a jsh file as the constants, compiler still complains I'm
using int rather than String, for the first parameter of TypeKey?
So, I'm confused how to use either method obviously? :(

Any kind souls can put me straight?

Thanks much.