[jawsscripts] Re: Skype problem

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 11:27:41 -0500

I normally support the Skype scripts on the SkypeEnglish mailing list
rather than on this one, but to answer your question anyway:

It sounds like you have a copy of the JAWS default.jss in your JAWS
user folder. This happens when you compile default.jss yourself for
some reason. If that's the case, the solution is to delete the extra
copy and then install the Skype scripts again. To delete the extra
copy, go to Start, Programs, JAWS <whatever version you use>, Explore
JAWS, Explore My Settings. Do not go to Explore Shared Settings, or
you will delete the wrong thing. In the Explore My Settings folder
that opens up, delete default.jsb, default.jss, and default.jsd, or
however many of those files exist there. Then run the Skype script
installer again.

There is a pointer to the SkypeEnglish mailing list on my Skype script
site, http://www.dlee.org/skype/

Best of luck.

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 09:54:36AM -0500, Rishi D Mack wrote:
Hi, I'm getting the following. This is the logs from the skype install.
Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Install into JAWS folders 15.0|16.0.

Preparing for JAWS script compilation.

15.0:

User folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\15.0\Settings\enu

Shared folder: C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\15.0\Settings\enu

Output folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\15.0\Settings\enu

Installing files.

JAWSUtil command: compile skype_compat.jss skype_jcpdict.jss Skype.JSS
skypewatch.JSS

JAWSUtil command: chain "default" add skypewatch.jsb

Command returned 1.

Output:

Error: default.jss is not a script chain manager file.

End of output.

Restoring this JAWS folder to its original state.

JAWSUtil command: chain "default" remove skypewatch.jsb

Error output:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\nsyCFBE.tmp\jawsutil.vbs(1503, 16)
Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object required: 'flist(...)'

End of output.

Command failed.

16.0:

User folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu

Shared folder: C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu

Output folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu

Installing files.

JAWSUtil command: compile skype_compat.jss skype_jcpdict.jss Skype.JSS
skypewatch.JSS

JAWSUtil command: chain "default" add skypewatch.jsb

JAWSInstallDirs is C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Freedom
Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu.

Only 1 of 2 installations succeeded.

Output folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\JAWS Scripts For Skype

Created uninstaller: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\JAWS Scripts For
Skype\uninst_JFW-Skype.exe

Create folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\JAWS Scripts For Skype

Create shortcut: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\JAWS Scripts For Skype\Uninstall JAWS Scripts For Skype.lnk

Writing log file.

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller