[jawsscripts] Seeking testers of JSX-based installer for BX

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:58:40 -0400 (EDT)

I finally got BX working via a manual install.  The problem seemed to be
that my user script folder had a default.jkm but not a default.jsd.  I
have incorporated what I learned in a new version of JAWS Script Exchange,
with which I built an installer for BX.  I am interested in test results
with this installer, especially from anyone who did not get the original
installer to work on a particular computer.  This installer should also
support installing BX again without having to uninstall an existing
version.  The direct download address is

http://EmpowermentZone.com/bxsetup.exe

In case something goes wrong, your default scripts in the user folder
(but not the shared folder), may be corrupt, so please ensure you
have another version of JAWS or another screen reader you can load if
necessary, since JAWS is virtually non-functional without the default
scripts running.  You can cause the original default scripts to load
again by deleting default.jsb in the user script folder.

Jamal