[jawsscripts] Scripts for OneNote 2010

  • From: "Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:38:16 -0500

Hi,
Has anyone tried to script OneNote 2010?
At a brief glance it seems there is quite a bit of info available via MSAA
objects.
JAWS can also read text in a document, and SayObjectTypeAndText() picks up
alt text for graphics.
The first issue I had was that each time I moved by line in a document, JAWS
read the line twice. It appears that JAWS is using two functions to read the
text, one the default sayLine code? And the second time is caused by
SayObjectTypeAndText() being called.
I overrode SayObjectTypeAndText() to not read when the document class is in
focus, which removes the double reading. But it is hard to say what other
bugs this will introduce - for starters alt text for graphics isn't read.

Before I experiment further I am wondering if anyone else has already looked
at OneNote 2010 and drawn any conclusions?

- Travis Roth