[jawsscripts] Reading selected text

  • From: David Bundy <DBUNDY@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 15:39:06 +0000

Good morning,  I am working with a consumer using Rumba 9.1.3 and JAWS 14.  He
needs to be able to copy and paste from one Rumba session to another.  Rumba
does not highlight selected text; it draws a box around the selected text
instead.  I need a way to read that selected text.  I have attempted to use
SayFocusRect, but not sure I did it correctly.  Does anyone have any
suggestions for me?

The code I used was
SayFocusRect (GetRealWindow (GetFocus ())

David W Bundy
Assistive Technology Consultant
SC Commission f/t Blind
POBox 2467
Columbia, SC 29202
(803) 898-7094
dbundy@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dbundy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

November is diabetic awareness month. Diabetes is one of the leading causes of
blindness in the United States. If you are diabetic, the South Carolina
Commission for the Blind encourages you to receive a dilated eye exam yearly.
For more information about how the SC Commission for the Blind can help you or
a loved one, please visit us at www.sccb.state.sc.us or give us a call at
1-888-335-5951.