[jawsscripts] Re: Problem capturing text using DOM in IE 11

  • From: "Bob" <temp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:03:02 -0000

John

I have no idea what the difference is but I have always used
IeGetCurrentDocument when playing with the DOM.
I would try something like the following:

String Function GetFrameContents ()
Var
        Object oDOM,
        Object oFrame,
        String sFrameText

        Let oDOM = ieGetCurrentDocuemnt ()
        Let oFrame = oDOM.frames(2)

        Let sFrameText = oFrame.document.body.innerText

        Return sFrameText

EndFunction

You may need to fiddle with the document.body. and the innerText to maybe
innerHTML or outerText dependant on what sort of output you need.
You also need to take into account the origin of the frame contents. To
increase security modern browsers prevent scripts from running from a
different domain. If the frame contents are from http://siteA.com and the
main page is http://siteB.com you wont be able to access it.

Hope this helps.

Bob