[jawsscripts] Re: PlaySound

  • From: "Reed Poynter" <Reed.Poynter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:29:50 -0700

Thanks guys.  This works.

Reed

-----Original Message-----
From: jawsscripts-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:jawsscripts-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don Marang
Sent: September-26-10 10:45 AM
To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: PlaySound

I have not yet used the PlaySound function.  Many of the JAWS functions
treat backslash (\) as a special character to escape other characters.  To
get these functions to actually pass the backslash (\) character, it is
necessary to use the character twice.  Try the line below instead.
PlaySound ("C:\\SayHi.wav")

If that does not work, I suggest that you paste the entire script into the
message so we can better determine any irregularities.

Don Marang

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real
substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working

on things that matter.
Dean Kamen