[jawsscripts] Need a script to work with x manager.

  • From: "SatyaNarayana Murthy Tanikella" <satyanarayanamurthy.tanikella@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 10:07:14 +0530

On 4/2/08, Smith, Alice A.   HQ DCO <Alice.A.Smith@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> John,
>
> Look at your frame properties. Open the Frame Viewer, Tab to the frame
> you want, Press ALT+ENTER and go to the Events tab. Add an event and
> assign it to "On Text". Take the default for the next two choices. When
> JAWS says something like Choose an action, select "Suppress Script
> Event". If you do an Insert+B on that dialog the description will tell
> you that when "Suppress script event" is used with "On Text", the
> NewTextEvent is suppressed in that frame.
>
> When I set my frame up that way, the highlighted text was still spoken.
> This is the bug I reported.
>
> However, I do have actions in the NewTextEvent that will fire if a
> specific frame is given in the parameters of the NewTextEvent. That may
> be what you are looking for.
>
> For example: In NewTextEvent there is a string sFrameName parameter that
> is given a value of the frame that the new text is appearing in. So you
> can do things like the following in the NewTextEvent without doing any
> setup in the frame properties.
> If sFrameName == "ScreenName1" then ; new screen name written or blanks
> written
>
> ScheduleFunction ("IdentifyScreen", 2) ; if this is called again within
> two tenths second the first call will not execute.
>
> EndIf
>
> I would not perform any functions within the NewTextEvent itself because
> it may fire several times in the same frame. In a terminal emulator
> NewTextEvent will fire 20 or so times on every new screen. I use
> ScheduleFunction to prevent repeat calls to my IdentifyScreen function.
>

> Hope this helps,
>
> Alice

Dear Lists,
As part of my job I need to use xmanager that will help to view guis
of xwindows from windows machine.
I invistigated using windig from empowermentzone.com from that I found
that some of window objects like menus are hidden.
Now my question is whether can we get the object exposed?
I will paste the output that I got for Oracle Database configuration assistant.
Please go through the pasted document and suggest by developing script
can we read the output.
Following is the pasted content:

WinDig output, Wed 02/04/2008 12:50:35
[Application]
TopWindow=Database Configuration Assistant : Welcome
Executable=C:\Program Files\NetSarang\Xmanager2\Xmanager.exe
CompanyName=NetSarang Computer, Inc.
FileDescription=PC X server for MS Windows Platform
FileVersion=2.0.7.0
InternalName=Xmanager
LegalCopyright=Copyright (C) 2006 NetSarang Computer, Inc. All rights reserved.
LegalTrademarks=Xmanager(R) is the registered trademark of NetSarang
Computer, Inc.
OriginalFilename=Xmanager.exe
ProductName=Xmanager
ProductVersion=2.0.7.0

[Hot Keys]
No information available

[Menus]
No information available

[Windows]
[1      Xmanager:XFrame]
name=Database Configuration Assistant : Welcome
left=12%
top=9%
width=73%
height=70%

[MSAA Objects]
[ApplicationWindow Object]
Role=window
Name=Database Configuration Assistant : Welcome
State=focused, sizeable, moveable, focusable
Children=7
Left=130
Top=74
Width=754
Height=540
[1      menu bar]
Name=System
State=focusable
Description=Contains commands to manipulate the window
KeyboardShortcut=Alt+Space
Children=1
Left=134
Top=78
Width=25
Height=25
[1.1    menu item]
Name=System
State=focusable
DefaultAction=Open
KeyboardShortcut=Space
Children=1
Left=134
Top=78
Width=25
Height=25
[2      title bar]
Value=Database Configuration Assistant : Welcome
State=focusable
Description=Displays the name of the window and contains controls to
manipulate it
Children=5
Left=159
Top=78
Width=721
Height=26
[2.1    push button]
Name=Minimize
Description=Moves the window out of the way
DefaultAction=Press
Left=805
Top=78
Width=25
Height=25
[2.2    push button]
Name=Maximize
Description=Makes the window full screen
DefaultAction=Press
Left=830
Top=78
Width=25
Height=25
[2.3    push button]
Name=Close
Description=Closes the window
DefaultAction=Press
Left=855
Top=78
Width=25
Height=25
[3      client]
Name=Database Configuration Assistant : Welcome
State=focused, focusable
Left=134
Top=104
Width=746
Height=506

[MainMenu Object]
Role=menu bar
Name=Application
State=invisible
Description=Contains commands to manipulate the current view or document

[SystemMenu Object]
Role=menu bar
Name=System
State=focusable
Description=Contains commands to manipulate the window
KeyboardShortcut=Alt+Space
Children=1
Left=134
Top=78
Width=25
Height=25
[1      menu item]
Name=System
State=focusable
DefaultAction=Open
KeyboardShortcut=Space
Children=1
Left=134
Top=78
Width=25
Height=25

[TitleBar Object]
Role=title bar
[...]

[VerticalScrollBar Object]
Role=scroll bar
Name=Vertical
Value=0
State=invisible
Description=Used to change the vertical viewing area
Children=5
[1      push button]
Name=Line up
State=invisible
Description=Moves the vertical position up one line
DefaultAction=Press
[2      push button]
Name=Page up
State=invisible
Description=Moves the vertical position up a couple of lines
DefaultAction=Press
[3      indicator]
Name=Position
State=invisible
Description=Indicates the current vertical position, and can be
dragged to change it directly
[4      push button]
Name=Page down
State=invisible
Description=Moves the vertical position down a couple of lines
DefaultAction=Press
[5      push button]
Name=Line down
State=invisible
Description=Moves the vertical position down one line
DefaultAction=Press

[HorizontalScrollBar Object]
Role=scroll bar
Name=Horizontal
Value=0
State=invisible
Description=Used to change the horizontal viewing area
Children=5
[1      push button]
Name=Column left
State=invisible
Description=Moves the horizontal position left one column
DefaultAction=Press
[2      push button]
Name=Page left
State=invisible
Description=Moves the horizontal position left a couple of columns
DefaultAction=Press
[3      indicator]
Name=Position
State=invisible
Description=Indicates the current horizontal position, and can be
dragged to change it directly
[4      push button]
Name=Page right
State=invisible
Description=Moves the horizontal position right a couple of columns
DefaultAction=Press
[5      push button]
Name=Column right
State=invisible
Description=Moves the horizontal position right one column
DefaultAction=Press

[SizeGrip Object]
Role=grip
State=unavailable, invisible

[Caret Object]
Role=caret
Name=Edit
State=invisible

[MousePointer Object]
Role=cursor
Name=Unknown
State=floating
Left=305
Top=204
Width=1
Height=1

[ClientArea Object]
Role=client
Name=Database Configuration Assistant : Welcome
State=focused, focusable
Left=134
Top=104
Width=746