[jawsscripts] Latex-Access

  • From: Ka Yat Li <ka.yat.li@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:54:47 -0500

Hi:

My name is Ka and I am a highschool student studying math. I have some
programming experience and I know a bit about JAWS scripting. My goal is
to be able to read nemeth on my braille display and edit math equations
on my laptop using Chatty Infty which can be found at
http://inftyproject.org. Although it displays the content from the
screen on my braille display, it only displays it in latex form.
Recently, I found a script called Latex-Access which can be found at
http://latex-access.sourceforge.net
If you read the page, you will understand why I believe these scripts
have potential in aiding me with mathematics. It uses the JAWS scripting
language to hook in to python so that the developers can access Python
objects so the installation is a bit more involved. I have followed
their instructions on the sight and unfortunately, I have run in to the
issues with the final step of theirthe install. I am running JAWS 9 so
I don't see the ConfigNames.ini file in my scripts directory which
causes a bit of an issue because it needs the ini file to know which
program to use. Unfortunately, the last time it was updated was in 2007
so they may not have taken in to account the changes with JAWS scripting
in later versions. Is there any alternative way for me to install these
scripts? I would like to use these scripts in math class especially for
algebraic equations.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Ka Li