[jawsscripts] IniRead/Write/flush/flushEx functions? and A script to change the "Use keyboard" setting

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:19:39 +1100

indeed! grrrr! wonder why on earth not.

goodness JAWS is funhy beast sometimes.
Won't have time to check this out reeeally properly for a bit, though I'm
looking forward to it, thanks for sending along, as I've always wanted to
learn how to do iniWrite/read string functions to modify files on pc. handy
if the jolly thing works and is reliable again. it sure wasn't at one point
coz we had to write a dll outside of jaws to work around it's flakyness
during hsc development.

Anyone got any clues on the differences between iniFlush, and IniFlushEx?
the lovely description in the input functions dialog is *exactly* the same
for each! so far as I can see. it says for both:

Flushes all previous writes by IniWriteInteger or IniWriteString specified
for the file indicated by strFile. Not flushing will not guarantee that the
newly written will be available for subsequent reading functions.

gotta love the double negative here also!
notice how they don't say:
"using iniFlush will guarantee the newly written will be available for
subsequent reading functions?"

why on earth do they do that!

is it just covering themselves through obscurity or something?

I haven't looked in FSDN for this yet I admit.