[jawsscripts] Re: Focus on a toolbar edit field in IE 9

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:30:43 -0400

If you'retrying to click on the control's very edge, move in a pixel
or three before trying. Off-by-one errors for clicks are not so
uncommon in my experience. Also make sure that the item you get for
your click point is actually the one you're trying to click. Testing
for that catches things obscuring what you want, as well as the
off-by-one issues.  If it has MSAA, see if it has a default action. If
it has a DOM object, see if it has a Click method.

Just some ideas.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 05:04:56PM -0500, Travis Roth wrote:
Hi,

For accessing a VPN I have a RSA SecurID toolbar that when you enter a pin
it generates a code.
The toolbar runs in IE and is in the toolbar area.

Using IE 8 I could use the JAWS cursor to click the edit field to get focus
to move there. Tedious but it worked.
In IE 9I cannot get this method to work. Clicking will not move focus there
no matter what.

I was wondering if could get JAWS script to work? So far not much luck, has
anyone else done anything similar?

I can determine the ctrl ID and window handle (I believe they're correct).
I can move the JAWS cursor to the window, but again a leftMouseButton() does
not work.

I also tried using SendMessage():
SendMessage(hwnd, 245, 0, 0)

But this also does not work.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? Right now I cannot use JAWS in IE 9 to put
focus where it needs to go so I cannot get the security code.

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller