[jawsscripts] Events Seemingly Don't Fire

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:47:03 -0400

Hi,
I'm using JAWS 10. I'm writing scripts for an application. I'm putting in event
functions to see which ones are firing. It doesn't seem as though all of my
functions are firing. When I go into Home Row Mode, I am seeing things change.
The function I'm looking at right now is the NameChangedEvent function. Here's
my sample function.
Void Function NameChangedEvent (handle hwnd, int objId, int childId, int
nObjType, string sOldName, string sNewName)
SayString ("name changed event")
NameChangedEvent (hwnd, objId, childId, nObjType, sOldName, sNewName)
EndFunction

Thanks.

Jim
----------
Jim Homme, Usability Engineering.
412-544-1810.

Note: I will reply to email and voice mail within four hours.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.

"Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.

"Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

"Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
- Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)

for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have