[jawsscripts] Editor for Programmers

  • From: Parham Doustdar <parham90@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:11:35 +0330

Hello there,
I have used EdSharp for programming in PHP, and although it is very
powerful, it doesn't have a feature I need very much right now; UTF-8
support. For some reason, when I type in some text in Farsi and save the
file, it comes up jumbled. Pasting the same code in Notepad++ (although
I cannot use all its features), it works fine. I wonder what the problem is?

Also, apart from that, Notepad++ has some very useful features (the
ability to support many languages, offer argument hints, function
autocompletion, folding, et cetera, et cetera), and I wonder if anyone
has the time to write Jaws scripts for it, or know of an editor which
has these features and works with Jaws (with the aid of some scripts or
the developers, perhaps). Since Notepad++ (NPP for short) is
open-source, I'd think the developers would be very forthcoming with
their help.

Thanks,
Parham