[jawsscripts] Re: Determine OS language

  • From: Jim Bauer <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:28:11 -0500

This might help:
http://tinyurl.com/o68f89o

GetRegistryEntryString() and GetRegistryEntryDword() will pull things from the
registry in JAWS. They're documented in Builtin.jsd.

Untested, but it's something to try at least.

On 6/12/2015 7:35 AM, Michael Ritter wrote:

@Brian: Unfortunately it doesn't. I'm using an English version of
Windows set to German localization (numbers, date/time). Everything I
tried from locale.jsh returned German values, but the UI language is
still English. I even tried to use month names, but that didn't work
either.

@Doug: GetDefaultSystemLang returns the language of JAWS, not Windows.
But since I'm sharing my JAWS configuration between 3 systems, partly
English and partly German, I can't set JAWS to English all that easily.

Am 12.06.2015 um 14:00 schrieb Brian Hartgen:
Hi

Assuming
Include "locale.jsh"
Is included in your script header, this should get the Windows language
version as determined in the Windows locale settings. Please see locale.jsh
for details.