[jaws-uk] Re: wanting to join the Blind Facebook site

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:23:53 -0000

Hi Phil and Paul,

I copied the following from a much earlier message from Chris Hallsworth:

To subscribe to the Blind Facebook list, send a message to
'b-f-b-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

  It didn't give step by step instructions but I guess it is like most other
email lists in so much that you send the message and then get a reply that
you reply to in order to confirm your membership.  I don't know if it is a
moderated list or not as I never signed up myself, so it is possible that
Paul's message is just waiting for moderator approval.

It might be worth putting "subscribe" in the subject line but the original
message wasn't that specific.

You might also be interested in the following which is supposed to make it
possible for you to do most Facebook things via email.  Again I haven't got
there myself yet but it sounds good.  When you get to the website, there is
a link to the User Guide which gives a lot of the detail of how you do
things.  My understanding is that you subscribe to the website and there is
no software to install on your local computer.

http://www.thefriendmail.com

Hope this helps,

Jamie