[jaws-uk] Re: two keys problem

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 13:53:07 +0100

Hi All

Last week I reported a strange problem wherein when I pressed a two key
combination keystroke such as Alt F4 or Shift Tab, JAWS would sometimes begin
to speak and then cut out. I explained that this problem happened a couple of
times a day and usually a restart solved the problem. No one seemed to have any
ideas what was causing the problem. It was also throwing me out of edit boxes
on Websites and doing other strange things which just caused a bit of a
nuisance.

I had two wireless devices on the PC, a keyboard and I was connectinbg via
wireless to my NetGear router. I hooked up a wired keyboard and now have the PC
connected by a wire to the router. This has been the case since last Friday and
I haven't had one recurrance of the above mentioned problems. All is running
perfectly.

So I guess what I am curious to know is was it one of the wireless signals
causing a problem? Or perhaps some sort of conflict with the two of them? It
doesn't really matter now as the problem seems to be fixed, but I'm just
curious to know why.

Thanks.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779