[jaws-uk] tiddyog re slowboot up

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:34:00 -0000

I am sorry I was not clear. I was talking  about 2 things the  reappearance
the  'lost Emails' and  another  Users query re  Slow Boot up. The
difference that I outlined was on another computer a   year or so. ago. In
order to try and  sort out the Jaws   problems which we now of course know
about re Black screen settings the computer   was given a once over and when
it came back I was told that   I had been given a lotmorememory as the
Firewall was acting as a barrier between     me  and the rest or too far
from the   Antivirus. I.e  Norton    in one place and the Firewall close
enough to it. The Firewall had been bought and added later Norton Firewall.
What he  the technician mean by   'giving ' memoremeory was the  said purely
down this personal skill in loading the computer  properly. It id  not do a
thing   for JFW and the main   problem but it     did  start very fast and

when I did a full system  scan it did it in the 17 minutes instead of the
former  over 1 hour..      Ths is another computer and I  just  accept
the  time it takes . I imagine there must be   thousand of Windows in the
background " doing the housekeeping"  that last    was not said a technician
but
my  cousin  who knows a lot but

not aboutt Assistive tech. He uses Webmail and keeps telling me to I have said no can do and why! Dorothy

Ps sorry Jaws is jumping today. was sauying he keeps tellingme to giveup OE and Outlook and use WEbmail I say I could not cope .

not about assistive tech. I have told just why I cannot as he  suggests "
give