[jaws-uk] Re: the RNIB computer deal with jaws

  • From: MJ Williams <matthewjwilliams101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 20:17:03 +0100

In answer to your question, no, I have not taken advantage of the offer.
My question is though, why not sell very cheap
computers with NVDA or Window-Eyes? Both are for
all practical purposes, free. With Window-Eyes
you would need a copy of Office 2010 or later.
That way they could bring the prices down even lower.
As you have pointed out, there may well be some
constraints attached to the offer which they haven't mentioned.
Matt

At 20:01 15/07/2015, you wrote:

Hi all,

The RNIB are currently doing a special
promotion offer whereby they are selling a
computer laptop bundled with full version of JAWS for Windows at £750.
Has anyone taken advantage of this promotion? I
wonder if they would be any restrictions on the
use of jaws for example would the licence of
jaws be attached to the specific laptop or Would
we be able to transfer it to another PC? What
would happen if I decide to format the specific
laptop, do they provide a jaws CD and serial number with the laptop?

I tried to contact the RNIB without success