[jaws-uk] Re: temporarily disableing jaws

  • From: "Tiddy Ogg" <oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:01:27 -0000

Dudley, it's easy enough to put Jaws to sleep, the problem may be in
restarting it.
Push the Jaws key and V while in the application.  Arrow down until you find
Synthesized sound On.  Hit space bar and close.
Before closing, though, make a note of where that command was in the list,
then you'll have to count the arrowings to find the same place again to turn
it back on.
Of course, if you've already set up a hot key for Jaws, you could turn Jaws
off altogether and bring it back this way.  To do this assuming you have a
Jaws icon on the desktop, highlight this, push alt and enter, and you should
find an option in there to set up a hot key.