[jaws-uk] re problems with jaws.

  • From: "christopher huby" <christopher.huby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk@Freelists. Org" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:55:26 -0000

Good Morning All,

I see that there are a few people having problems with windows xp and jaws
4.5-1.

I had a lot of problems with the above and I spoke to the company who
advised me of the version of jaws that I should use with windows xp, this
was jaws 4.51.

After having lots of technical support from the company, and still not
getting any satisfaction with jaws and windows xp, I went back to the
company along with the technical support team at that company and we
explained what the problems were (sluggishness and crashing), and in the
end, they admitted that they had wrongly advised me of the wrong version of
jaws, and then upgraded me to jaws 5, after testing this and getting
fantastic results, they gave me the upgrade totally free.

So the message I am giving out is, always get advise before buying the
product, and if it doesn't work satisfactory then you have the upper hand to
force them to change it or upgrade you free of charge.

Having said that, it is very very important that you get the name of the
person who advised you in the first place.

I do hope that this helps some of you.

Regards

Christopher Huby.