[jaws-uk] Re: more problems switching on

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:43:16 -0400

Hi Paul, sorry for coming in the middle of this, but do you mean you have to
wait two to three minutes before Jaws starts talking?
If so, I might check what other items are starting with windows.
You can go to the run dialog on your start  menu and type in MSCONFIG
Control tab to the last tab, the startup tab.
Or I have a few programs on jfwlite, start up manager, and starter that will
display that information.
Then among others there is a site at
http://www2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Printerdesktop.htm
That will tell you what is necessary to have run at start up and what will
just slow you down, smile!
Debbie