[jaws-uk] Re: more computer problems

  • From: "Paul Roberts" <anorack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:41:11 -0000

Hi Phil and Dorothy,

Thanks for your responses, both of which are very helpful.

I shall try unplugging the printer and then plug it back in and see whether
that solves the problem.

to answer your question Phil, i have had this computer since September 2001
with the same operating system.  The only things which have changed in that
time is the Keyboard and Monitor which packed up the other week.

All items apart from the original monitor were new.

I have on odd occasions had problems whereby for some reason my tower would
make a rather strange white noise type sound which worried me a bit as I
thought I may have something seriously wrong with my machine.

Unplugging all items may be a good idea.  This has only been done at least
three times. twice when I picked up a virus and my friend had to take the
tower away and on the other occasion when I moved house.

I did forget to mention that earlier this year, we had a powercut in the
area and I didn't realise until some time later when I tried to switch on my
PC as I thought JAWS had crashed and noticed that it wouldn't go on at all.

I was on the computer at the time when the power happened so don't know
whether this could have any bearing on the situation.

the powercut was unexpected at the time.

Don't know how much RAM I have or how to check so if anyone could advise me
please then that would be great.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Paul.