[jaws-uk] Re: mobile phone alert

  • From: "Steve Holmes" <steve.holmes5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:51:48 +0100

Hi,

This message isn't a hoax. There are scams operating where this does happen and it can cost you a lot of money if you should key in what they ask as some of the codes are for overseas often the US Virgin Islands but, more alarmingly, one code in particular provides information relating to your phone's actual identity. I'm speaking from experience due to the nature of my work in recent years which has involved the investigation of exactly this. My advice is should anyone get any such calls then terminate them straight away. No phone service provider will contact you requesting such information.

Steve