[jaws-uk] Re: jaws talk

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:49:37 -0000

Adrian

I'm not sure, but this happens to me with the voice getting lower and I
think it's something to do with the punctuation in text. It's rather like
taking a breath at the end of a sentence, I think JAWS is programmed to
return to its normal pitch when it reaches a full stop. So if a sentence is
long with no punctuated pauses such as comas or full stops, JAWS will
continue to read without taking a breath and the voice will continue to get
lower until it reaches the end of the sentence. There may be another reason,
but this is what I've noticed.

Barbara