[jaws-uk] Re: jaws getting slow

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 23:21:51 +0200

If this occurs after jaws has been running for some time, you are experiencing a memory leak of jaws. This was typical behavior on some NT based systems in jaws versions prior to jaws 4.5.1.131. Since you are running jaws 4.5, you can get the free upgrade to version 4.5.1 and the patch to upgrade to version 4.5.1.131. This will give you a bit more scriptability but most of all elimination of the memory leakage and increase in overall stability.

i still keep jaws 4.5.1 on my sstem for when I need my machine to stay up for long periods of time without jaws hiccupping or crashing.

hth

Doris

At 09:39 PM 8/9/2007 +0100, you wrote:

I wonder if anyone can help.

First of all, I am using version 4.5 of JAWS. Just lately! For some reason or another, I have found the response of JAWS speech to be slowing down. Not in the speed it reads, but in searching for items within various windows.

This problem starts when I have been working my computer for about 30 minutes or so. The only way I can get it to read back to normal speed, is to reboot the system.

For an example, when reading down the list of incoming Emails, the speech and response of pressing keys seems to take a while.

I know that getting onto websites can take quite a few seconds, and is not the problem.

This is beginning to drive me up the wall! Please, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You For Any Help Given,

Adrian Rowe

Email address:

<mailto:adrian.rowe5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>adrian.rowe5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can also contact me on Skype.

Skype name:

rubberdingey

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

"Pray, pray, pray!" - Pray without ceasing. (1 Th 5:17)