[jaws-uk] jaws and Bookshare

  • From: "Kevin Burgin" <kevin.burgin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 22:02:34 -0000

Hi All

Jaws 15

About six months ago, I signed up to Bookshare.  Until now I have used it
exclusively with another screenreader which I am going to throw away and now I
want to use Bookshare with Jaws.

I have been experimenting and I can log on to the website and sign in but when
I do a search and find a book I would like to read and choose the format such
as DAISY, AUDIO OR TEXT
 I can select it but when I press enter on the download link there is no
response.

Does anyone else have an account with Bookshare and know what I am doing wrong.

I am not a very technically minded person so you may need to explain some
things.

It may be because I am still using Windows XP or maybe I need scripts.

I am intending to update to Jaws 16 soon.  I have already got the update disc
and will update when I have got the time.

Can anyone help please.

Cheers

Kevin

kevin.burgin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx