[jaws-uk] Re: is Paypall accesible with JAWS

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 00:14:57 +0100

Paul,

I too have been using PayPal for a number of years, but unlike Peter, I have
never come across the 'capture' system on PayPal. All I needed to do was to
register my email address and password and once that is done you will need
to set up your bank account details and/or credit card which needs
verification. Varification is quite simple, PayPal will deposit 2 amounts
into your bank account, normally around 2 or 3p and once they have done this
then you need to check your bank account and input the 2 amounts into the
varifacation system on PayPal. I have not come across any problems with
PayPal or their website, so can only give testament to my own experience. I
am totally blind and use JAWS 12 with IE 9, but have used IE 8 and IE7
without any problems.

Webvisum isn't software, it is a service provided by the website. You need
to register and submit a request to join, requires that you write a short
bio of yourself explaining your impairment and how the system would assist
you using websites etc. Once submitted, the webvisum team will send an email
to you with an invitation code. Details will be in the email.

HTH

John.