[jaws-uk] Re: funny things

  • From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:25:43 +0100

Susan

Word will always say document 1 when you open it.  If you want to open a
file in your folders you just do control O, shift tab to go to your folder
and file list, cursor down and press enter on the one you want.  Word will
then announce that file title.

It says print view because that is the type of view which is showing.  To
change this, press alt V for view menu and cursor down to the view you want,
then press enter.  You will hear print view checked before you press enter
on another view.   Be careful which you choose, as some of them may not suit
you or JAWS.  Normal view, layout view or print view are the usual ones to
go for, I think, but others will put me right if I am wrong.

I am not sure what smart tags actually are, but you can turn them off
somewhere in the tools options menu.  Options has lots of pages and you need
to press control tab to go between them.  There are lots of settings you can
change, but again take care not to do too many at once, as you may not like
the results and then may not remember how to get back to where you were
before.

These little spoken prompts may be annoying sometimes, but they are actually
very helpful, and the people at FS have done their best to give us
everything we need to know.

All the best.

Wendy