[jaws-uk] entering excel formula with jfw

  • From: Adrian Higginbotham <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:33:38 +0000

Hi - new to creating my own excel formula having generally worked in the past
with spreadsheets with formula already in place.

Anyone tell me where I'm going wrong in that when I enter a formula which seems
to be in the correct format jfw only reads out the formula not the result of it
when I return to that cell.
EG if I want to sum the total of figures in column B, rows, 2 3 and 4 the
formula should be =SUM(B2:B4) shouldn't it? I've tried typing this straight in
to a  cell (b5)  or pressing f2 and then entering it in but either way as above
jaws just repeats the formula doesn't announce the total of those figures.

Where am I going wrong?
Thanks for any help.

Adrian Higginbotham,
Manager, Leading edge research
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994
Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ