[jaws-uk] ebooks accessibility with Adobe Digital Editions

  • From: "Belinda P" <bcpfizz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:37:08 -0000

I posted a message a few days ago asking if ebooks using Adobe Digital
Editions, are accessible with Jaws.  I’ve now tried this and discovered that
they’re not.  Neither does Supernova work with Adobe Digitial Editions.   Then
I googled ebooks and accessibility and came across quite a lot of pages about
this issue.  In case anyone’s interested I’ve posted a couple of sites below:

Accessibility and eBooks – Resources and an Interview,
http://www.libraries.wright.edu/noshelfrequired/?p=1553

Letter to the LA Public Library re. Adobe Digital Editions inaccessible
electronic books http://www.readingrights.org/471

Belinda