[jaws-uk] Re: converting jpg file into word

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:39:57 +0200

Your jpg is a graphical image that jaws cannot read whether you look
at it in an graphic editor or import it into a word processor.

you need to run ocr on the file, i.e. something like Omnipage,
Kurzweil, Finereader  - or if you have the full Microsoft Office
Sweet, that is Office xp or later, use the ocr capability that comes
with office. Look for something called "Document Imaging." You might
have to run installation maintenance and add the Document Imaging
feature as it does not come installed by default if I remember
correctly. Document Imaging does a surprisingly good job at ocr for a
freebie included with office.

hth

Doris