[jaws-uk] bt total Broadband

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 20:24:24 +0100

    Hallo, I have tried to   follow this thread and have become more
confused
by the moment. Surely what you need to know is how far are you from your
Local Bt exchange? Also an engineer told me a lot depends on the way the
Exchange  is set up.. I think he meant the way inside the building the
wiring went. I have a  family member for example who  will not use his Bt
telephone for   his computer  by sharing it. he has another separate Bt line
for his computer. He said that way there is no traffic between my phone line
and the local exchange which he can see from  the back door of his house. I
fear I told him darned if I am  going to pay BE.TO twice unless they
replace
the cables around the corner from  my house which are waterlogged after
heavy rain  Re Firewall I have a desktop and laptop and a Wireless Box I
think a Firewall is on the Wireless box.. why would you want to remove the
Spam Protection I didn't understand that. Dorothy.