[jaws-uk] Word Problem

  • From: "RMPortal" <robertmartin.portal@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 14:55:52 +0200

Dear Barbara,

I have come across the problem you describe very occasionally with Word 2007
and Jaws 12.  On my system it seems to be connected with having too many
other programmes and/or documents open at the same time so I found that
re-booting and opening only the document concerned in Word (without opening
other programmes) meant that Jaws was able to read it without problems.
Another approach is to remove the document protection in Word and save the
file to disc and then open and save it in Word Pad. If you then re-open the
Word Pad document in Wordthe it is easier to read.  Not so good if you need
to retain fancy formatting etc.

Best wishes

Robert