[jaws-uk] Virgin wines

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <robin.clayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-UK List" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 22:11:23 +0100

Hi,
IE8, JFW12

Has anyone got a Virgin wines winebank account? Have you looked at their site
or tried to navigate around it recently? www.virginwines.co.uk

They jjust launched a new super website and I find it's a real pain. Maybe I
need to think about the jaws config, but I can navigate millions of sites with
relative ease with my current settings, but this one is very sluggish and poor.

If you maybe go to the list of 16 items, and try and open a link, say My Virgin
Wines, it's supposed to generate a drop down menu. I can't get it to display.
There's flash stuff on the page as well so I'm not sure if that's the root of
the problem.

When you select the link, jfw gives the audio pop for forms mode but I can't
arrow down to show the drop down. Tried all sorts of ways but no joy.

I think it's to do with the way it's been coded up in html, it's probably
mouseover activated so I don't really know how to get round this. Other things
like combo boxes for different wine types and styles, you can't arrow down to
the one you want, as soon as you change the default option, it jumps away to
the first item in the list. Ok if you want an Argentinian blend, but a South
Australian Shiraz will take you forever to get to....

Any techie advice most welcome, I'll happily send it on to their web support
team who obviously don't know how to accommodate screen readers.

 Regards,

Robin Clayden, Secretary
Scottish Blind Golf Society
A Governing Body for all blind and visually impaired golf in Scotland.

Tel: 01383 737 717
Mob: 07895 083 217
Web: http://www.scottishblindgolf.com/