[jaws-uk] Using JAWS with MS Excel and Access

  • From: "Ankers, Dave \(UK\)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:53:42 -0000

First I'd like to say hello to you all as this is my first posting.  I
use JAWS along with Dragon naturally speaking and J-Say in order to
carry out my job.  I use Excel and Access to an advanced level and have
found that especially with large spreadsheets, JAWS seriously slows down
and very annoyingly looses focus.  It gets to the stage where nothing is
happening and when I ask "What can I do" the reply is "To browse through
links..." This happens very often.  I am still very new to screen
readers and receiving training from Brian Hartgen of T and T Consultancy
who writes script to enable functions not already supported by JAWS.
Does anyone else suffer from the same problems?
My machine has a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz dual core processor and 2 Gig of ram
running XP Pro.

Regards,
=20
Dave Ankers