[jaws-uk] Using Find in XP

  • From: "keith" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Group" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 18:08:43 +0100

Dear all,

Jaws 6.0 and XP Home.

I realise that this is not a Jaws specific problem, but I would please
welcome a little help, off list, if necessary.

My query concerns using Find on the Start Menu.

I have no problems searching for text in files on my local disk drives, C,
F, G, H and I.

However, when I search for text that I know to be in files on the E drive,
my DVD Reader drive, Windows reports no files found.

The text that I am searching for, and those that know me will find this no
big surprise, is Food & drink. This is to be found on the TNAUK CD in
e:\daily.

Once in Find, I tab to All files and Folders.

I tab to "A word or phrase in the file", and type here Food & drink".

I tab to the folder list and type:
e:\daily

As I have said, Windows returns a zero files found message.

However, if I run the E drive, and go to daily, I find the words food &
drink in at least five or six files.

Any help would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.

With best wishes,