[jaws-uk] Update to trojan

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:02:50 +0100

 Hi list, I phoned Geekos this morning to ask when Engineer was coming, this
time I got Nigel the owner, who  said whatever Matt said on Saturday was with
no authority, they were not  sending anyone, I pointed out that  another person
here heard the conversation, and asked who is in authority then, as Trevor was
sacked and Rickie sold his half the business  after an angry exchange I
contacted the Computer Guru,   Nazir it seems is  doing work for a newspaper
quite technical, but he has a new  colleague,  Abdul,  understands  I am
desperate comes out at once. on the desktop he gets all my  Emails back and
outlook Express, seems the programmed had been uninstalled so the Run dialogue
attempt was no good it was add add or remove, seeing all my Emails come back
was such a relief  he then looked at Laptop witch did actually have the Trojan,
 he said the Trojan killing has deleted completely all Emails on it, the first
Email in  is the one just after the Trojan was killed off. However since the
laptop was cleaned off completely in early December there is not so much of
importance. Then Abdul,  took the Western Digital  self powered drive I had
bought and did not know how to use, he has set it up on Desktop to do a back up
each day at 6 pm  so I shall know what is happening.

 I asked Abdul,  which anti-virus he used himself, he said "at home on my own
computer I use Nod 32, but in the office we use the free version of  avg, we
are using avg 8. Interesting although it is a business called the Guru it is
run from  a private address. I was very happy to pay  £40 for that visit and I
will use them again, Abdul is actually better than Nazir , they speak Urdu, and
he did not take other calls  like Nacir did when here he did a good job fast.
Geekos I will never use again Dorothy