[jaws-uk] Re: TEMPORARILY INSTALLING JAWS ON A FRIEND'S COMPUTER

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:33:56 -0000

Kevin,

    Depending on how long you need to use the other machine for, you can
always install and run Jaws in demo mode. There's some rebooting involved,
but it works reasonably well as a temporary solution.

    If you're looking for something more stable, Jaws comes with three ILM
licence activations. Technically this means you can install and activate
Jaws on up to three different computers.

    I'll caveat this by saying I don't know whether the User Licence
Agreement (ULA) actually allows this, but it's certainly possible. If you're
at all worried, check the ULA.

    If you do take this approach, don't forget to deactivate each
installation of Jaws before you remove it from the computer. Doing this will
help keep your three ILM licence activations available.

Regards,
Léonie.

  _____