[jaws-uk] Re: Subscript and superscript.

  • From: "David" <david.tregellas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:04:28 +0100

So, you are still having problems.  Two more suggestions coming up.

I'm guessing one possibility that you did not go through the closing procedures
fully in Speech and Sounds Manager.  If I recall correctly, after getting to
the "Ignore" button you tab to Ok and activate, then tab to another button I
think, "Save Scheme".  Activate this and then Ok again.  A bit long-winded but
it's a possibility.

Suggestion two.
Go into Microsoft Word and press Insert 4 on the numbers row.
Towards the end of the list are three superscript symbols:  Superscript1,
Superscript2 and Superscript3.
I don't know if any of these fit your criteria if any but choose one and enter
on it.
It will, of course, appear in Word.
Place your cursor on it, hold down shift key and cursor to right once to
highlight it.
Copy it to clipboard.
Now bring up Dictionary Manager and paste into first field and enter space in
the second field.
Ok that and save changes.

I remember seeing an email here referring to something in the pulldown menus of
Word that might do the trick.  I think it was in one of the Auto functions but
that's all I remember.

Anyway, best of luck.