[jaws-uk] Sp3 via wireless.

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 21:31:48 +0100

Hi List
I set about getting Sp3 on my laptop which has a Wireless connection. I was not in a bit of a state this time knowing the drill. It is slow, and it wanted to Validate my Computer. I guess as it was all cleaned off and brought back as new and they had the product key it was important to check I have though had in all Windows updates Ok from December. I did not let them tinker with the assistive tech, I only let them put on Office and set to print and work from Wireless.

It did take time, you are asked to agree or not to the Licence and again well into the download it says you should have done a back up.

Only worry is that Kaspersky has been turned off by it all and Jaws says "your computer is at risk click on this balloon. I cannot see any balloon I have turned it off to think what to do. the problem of an anti-virus package not speaking to a screen reader is of course a worry,
I may ask Geekos to try and talk me through getting it back.
I was lucky Kaspersky did not  come unstuck on my Desktop.
anyway Sp3 is on both now
Dorothy